What is sperm donation? It is to help a couple or an individual to conceive a baby. If you are unable to conceive you might need to choose a sperm donation bank- for a woman who does not have a male partner or in the case of a couple experiencing male infertility. An individual who donates to a sperm bank is paid for each donation once it passes through the screening process.
The payment is initiated for your time and effort related to being part of the process. It is not an added incentive for donating as the money is on the lower side.
The list of sperm banks in Thane has one common message to reveal and that is there is no risk associated with donating sperm.
The process of preparing it
If you are thinking along the lines of a sperm donation, you need to have an eye on the long-term impact of this decision of your life. If you are looking at an anonymous donation, then consider the following
• Will you tell your near or dear ones about your decision to donate sperm
• What happens if the children conceived out of your sperm want to meet you one fine day?
If you are donating your sperm to someone you know, then hire a lawyer to draft an agreement which will specify your parental obligations, rights and protect your financial interests.
A primarily screening of an individual is done to see whether he is free from any infectious diseases before he goes on to become a sperm donor.
• Age- if you go through the list of sperm banks in Thane
, most of them require the donors to be in the age group of 18 to 39 years. Some sperm banks have set the upper limit at 39 years.
• Semen- You will be required to submit several samples of your semen. You will be asked to abstain from ejaculation and this is through sex or intercourse for two to five days. The samples will be then analyzed for sperm quality, quantity, and movement.
• Family history- You will need to provide a family history of at least two generations before your sperm donation. If the presence e of a hereditary disease is found in your family, then it reduces the chance of your donating sperm.
• Psychological evaluation- you will be asked whether you have any personal concerns if your personal information is shared with your biological children or do you wish to keep in contact with them. In case if you are donating sperm to someone whom you knew then you will be asked about the relationship you share with the recipient. If there is a partner with you, then a counseling session will be beneficial for her as well.
How is sperm donation done?
The sample of sperm is kept in a sterile cup through masturbation. It is then frozen and kept in quarantine for a period of 6 months. Again you will be tested for infectious diseases like HIV. If all the tests are negative, then once again your sperm will be checked for quality, quantity and movement. In certain cases, the sperm samples of men are more prone to damage during the process of freezing than in others. If the sperm quality meets the specified standards then you qualify as a sperm donor.
Blog has been viewed (176) times.